How To Lose Weight: Sleep More & Stress Less
Stress is a major factor in weight gain, stress and insufficient sleep can cause an increase in cortisol which results in increased hunger and ultimately you gain weight.
If you want to lose weight, you should try to eliminate excessive stress in your life. Although this often requires significant changes, it may directly affect the levels of stress hormone and possibly your weight too.
Furthermore, you should try to get enough good sleep, preferably every night. Do your best to wake up energized of your own, without the help of the alarm clock. If you belong to a group of people who always woken up by the alarm clock, you might never be giving a relaxed sleep to your body.
Do you have sleep issues?
Here are some tips which you can follow for better and peaceful sleep:
- It is better to stick to the same bedtime every evening. This will help your body to prepare for sleep at the same time every night.
- Always say 'No to coffee' after 2 pm. The reason is it takes time for caffeine to leave your body.
- Do not perform any workout before bedtime. Physical activity can make you awake and make it difficult to go to sleep for several hours after the exercise.
- Get 15 minutes of sunlight every day. This is good for your health; it provides vitamin D to your body and gives you a feeling of freshness.
- In the end, make sure that your bedroom is dark enough, and remains at a pleasing temperature.
Read More: How To Lose Weight: Eat Real Food
At the start, you may find the above strategy difficult to follow, perhaps because of a lack of time. But when you started to follow it you will feel a change in your mood and body as well