3 Refreshing Coolers to Beat the Heat this Eid ul Adha
Entering back inside the house from the scorching heat after the ritual of Qurbani is done calls for a drink that both quench your thirst and makes you sigh in relief from its cool refreshing sweetness.
This Eid-ul-Adha celebrates the festive day with not just a vast variety of steaming BBQ dishes but with beverages to place on the side that is both light and cool in comparison.
We have selected the three most delicious coolers of this season for you to treat yourself and to serve to your guests to break the summer heat.
- Freeze watermelon chunks beforehand.
- Fill half a glass with chilled lemonade and pour watermelon juice for the rest of the half glass, but leave some space for the ice cubes.
- Instead of ice cubes add in the frozen watermelon cubes, this will not let your drink water down and you’ll also have a yummy snack to munch on at the end!
A perfect break from this summer heat with our favorite fruit- Mango! It not only keeps you hydrated throughout the day but also aids against the scorching heat.
- Boil 500gm mangoes till they are soft and the outer skin gets discolored.
- Remove their skin and squeeze the pulp out of the mangoes once they are cold enough to handle.
- Mix together ½ cup sugar, 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. black rock salt, 2 tsp. cumin seeds and 2 tbsp. of mint leaves. Blend them all together in 2 cups of water. Pour the drink in glasses over some ice.
No one would mind transporting to the tropics these festive days
- In a blender blend 10 oz. bag of frozen pineapple chunks, 1 cup ice cream, 1 cup coconut milk, and a half cup of pineapple juice.
- Pour in glasses and serve by topping pineapple chunks on top and add ice for a little thinning. Enjoy the cool tropical drink after Qurbani or when you are trying to cool down after a tiring summer day.