NCOC Announces Eidul Azha SOPs
Eidul Azha will be celebrated on Wednesday, July 20. Amid the occasion, the people are advised to keep following precautionary actions by the government as the country has entered the fourth wave of coronavirus.
As per the Special Assistant to the PM on Health Dr. Faisal Sultan, it is very significant that people wear masks as well as maintain social distancing and get vaccinated to control the coronavirus spread during Eid holidays.
The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) announced the following Eidul Azha SOPs.
SOPs for Eid prayers
- Eidul Azha prayers are to be organized in open spaces
- Doors and windows of the mosques are to be kept open for ventilation
- Only two to three Eid prayers are allowed to be held at one venue
- Khutbas and Sermons must be brief and short
- Elderly, sick, and children are not allowed in the mosques
- No entry without masks
- There would be multiple entry points at prayer venues
- Hand sanitizers must be installed at the entrance of mosques
- The distance between people during prayers should be six feet
- People must perform wuzu at their homes and bring their prayers matt
- There would be no gathering at venues after prayers
SOPs for Management on Qurbani
- Religious leaders advised for encouraging collective Qurbani
- The administration must ensure good management for waste disposal
- Provinces should initiate awareness campaigns to educate common people on the coronavirus spread during meat distribution
- Skin/hide of sacrificed animals are not permitted to be given to banned organizations
- Qurbani is not allowed at home/residential areas
- Minimum persons are permitted at the Qurbani site
Read more: Things You Need to Do Before Eid ul Adah
During the last 24 hours, Pakistan has reported 2,145 new coronavirus cases and 37 deaths. Health authorities have issued a warning of increasing Delta variant cases in big cities such as Lahore and Karachi.